The recorded ramblings of an unschooled writer, aspiring biologist, amateur equestrian, ardent bookworm, avid music appreciator, increasingly addicted runner and college student spending the summer in Ely, MN.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Half this game is ninety percent mental...

"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
- Yogi Berra


My last big adventure before I head off to East Africa is to run in the Hood to Coast relay race. The Hood to Coast begins at Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood and ends on the coast in Seaside. There 12 people on each time and each person runs three legs. The race is 197 miles total! (Thankfully, my legs will only have to run ~ 18 miles of that.) This is the map of my first leg:



I'm getting very excited for the run and am hoping that I can get all of my packing taken care of and make sure that my horse and all of his stuff are well settled in at his new home so that I can just really enjoy what will be my last run in Oregon for a few months without having to worry about anything else!


-Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment